Sunday, October 14, 2012

Paleo

My husband and I did a fitness challenge at the beginning of the year and decided to focus our diet on a paleo lifestyle.It was extremely difficult for me since I love junk food but it just made sense.
I've had a lot of questions about paleo so here is some information about it and I'll post some of our favorite recipes. For the record, we do not currently follow this lifestyle.
I unfortunately prefer my milk, cereal, and cookies over broccoli, chicken, and peppers.
The rules?
No refined sugar. No dairy. No grains.
I took this definition from http://paleodietlifestyle.com/ which is an amazing website by the way.
"A Paleo diet, also known as paleolithic diet or caveman diet, is all about natural foods to help achieve great health and a perfect physique. The human body evolved for more than 2 million years with the food found in nature: game meat, fish, vegetables, wild fruits, eggs and nuts. The human race was thriving on this diet high in animal fat and proteins and low in carbohydrates, but things changed when we introduced unnatural foods to our bodies."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...